the Ultimate Meeting is a computer party dedicated to the realtime computer art scene, also called 'the demoscene'. It is organized annually in Karlsruhe-Durlach (Germany) between Christmas and New Year's Eve.
Established by the members of the c64 group 'the Ultimate Mayas' in 1999 it was originally intended to be a preparative meeting of demosceners before 'The Party' (Denmark). In 2002 however the date was moved to the traditional date of 'The Party' as it became clear that 'The Party' had irrecoverably gone downhill as a serious demoscene event. At this time about 120 people decided to come to tUM rather than travel to Denmark.
After some location changes from Mannheim in 2002 over to the oversized hall in Hemsbach for the 2003/2004 editions, we finally settled for the Festhalle in Karlsruhe-Durlach in 2005 as it offered the best mix between location, space and flair.
Right from the beginning a creative and friendly atmosphere, carefully conducted main-competitions and inventive fun-competitions made tUM the ultimate demoscene experience to conclude the year.
Besides the usual stuff you'd expect from a decent computer party like big projection screen, high quality audio equipment and demoscene competitions tUM will also feature:
- space for up to 250 visitors
- friendly and cozy atmosphere
- perfect scene feeling: sceners only - GAMERS/LEECHERS: please stay at home!
- solid party network with internet uplink
- hotels near the partyplace
- free coffee and tea (please bring your own cups and mugs)
- affordable food and drinks at the famous tUM foodsupport
- the Ultimate Pizzawave (tm)
- three great days with all your scene friends
- plus a lot more